Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: Infection From Bibles

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Infection From Bibles

Very interested in this story BBC: - MRSA Infection From Holy Scripture?

I can see a few sides to this argument:

Having a Bible at the bedside is a source of comfort to some patients.

It is nice to have something to read to take your mind off the monotony of the ward.

Is there any evidence that someone has caught an MRSA infection from the Bible?

However,

The majority of patients do not read the Bible during their stay in hospital.

Patients who want a Bible could bring their own, or request one from a Chaplain.

Bibles do not have wipe-clean covers and are not magically protected against becoming media for life-threatening infections.

If you were a patient with a compromised immune system, would you be happy to risk touching a Bible that had previously been used by an MRSA-infected patient?

Here is my suggestion to the Gideons
invest in electronic 'talking' bibles that can be easily wiped clean, and would be far more accessible to bed-ridden patients who struggle with small print and thin pages.

Or even

spend the money on providing some hospitals, doctors and nurses in 3rd world countries

5 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Anonymous online nursing degree said...

Hey this blog is not about nursing degree online

I have been doing hours of research on "nursing" and it brought me to your blog on Infection From Bibles. Anyways, Thinking Nurse I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous veterinary nursing said...

Hi Thinking Nurse, I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited uk nursing
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

 
At 12:57 AM, Anonymous nursing degree said...

Hey this blog is not about distance learning bachelor degree

I have been doing hours of research on "MBA Degree" and it brought me to your blog on Infection From Bibles. Anyways, Thinking Nurse I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Thinking Nurse has a great blog! I've been surfing around everywhere and just love to read all this stuff. My blog is below if you want to take a look. Keep up the good work! master degree online program I love Blogger!!!

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous LPN ursing Training said...

The article topic is itself so interesting that I liked reading it. Well taking care for being infected is more important than getting involved in reading any think that will help patients to be comfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory