Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: Nurse Blogging

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Friday, May 20, 2005

Nurse Blogging

Seyms has posted an interesting article on the irresistable rise of nurse blogging.

She points out the way that a new community of nurse bloggers is coming together, assisted in no small measure by the 'Nursing Moments' Carnival of Nursing blogs.

She suggests some of the motives for nurse blogging:


Three particular motives for nurse blogging are apparent to me, althought there may well be more. Firstly it is about exchanging ideas, developing reflective practice though an interactive process, talking, thinking, communicating. Secondly it is about advocating for nursing, having a public voice, things to say to the world, "this is what it is like on the other side of the clipboard", "this is what we care about". Finally but perhaps most obviously it is about the humourous and the human side of the profession - the little daily events that are funny or tragic, moments that epitomise human nature; rich pickings are to be found in all aspects of nursing.


Nurse blogging is getting bigger, partly because we are beginning to find each other. At one point I genuinely believed there were only 6 nursing blogs in existence - now I seem to find a new one every day.

Here is a particularly good one: Sonic Nurse.

The site is beautifully laid out, absolutely impeccable taste in the choice of templates. The political commentary is interesting too, particularly for those of us who view US politics from outside, I admire it's rather uncompromising, forthright style. I recommend that you take a look.

Here is another site that does not flinch from it's subject matter: Death Maiden a nurse who cares for people near to death.

Here is a useful site for nurses interested in the use of information technology in their work: Informatics Nurse

3 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous seyms said...

Thank you for linking to my article, Thinking Nurse, and for pointing us to a couple more quality blogs. I just thought I'd point out that I am a male nurse, too (not a "she") although there's probably nothing on my blog to make that clear and you would have had something like an 80% chance of getting it right by guessing I was female - so I probably would have done the same.

Anyway, keep up the good blogging :-)

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous online nursing degree said...

Hi Thinking Nurse, I was just blog surfing and found you! Wow, I really like this one.
It’s such a pleasure to read your post …. Interesting! I was over at another site

looking at uk nursing

and they didn't go into as much detail as you, but nonetheless interesting.

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree..I have so many fond memories of that place as a child…


---------------

chaturangani

Wow, check out this site called http://www.fluc.com
. Free SMS and free mobile ads!! Its fantastic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory