Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: Keep Your Eyes On The Road And Your Hands Upon The Wheel

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Keep Your Eyes On The Road And Your Hands Upon The Wheel

My big news today is that I am on my way to pick up my first car, having passed my test 3 weeks ago.

I have managed to spend nearly all my life without a car, but with qualification looming, it would be practically impossible for me to get a job in my branch of nursing without one.

I have been preparing myself for becoming a driver by watching 'Top Gear' and learning how to moan about speed cameras, car tax, road humps and other methods of harassing the 'law abiding motorist'. I think I am already getting quite good at it. All I need now is a beaded seat cover and a pair of backless driving gloves.

3 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger HypnoKitten said...

Hey there! I just got my links updated and put you up on my page at http://mediblogopathy.blogspot.com if you'd put one up for me, I'd LOVE it. Still working on getting a blogring up. Keep up the good work and great stories! -HK

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Thinking Nurse said...

Consider it done, HypnoKitten.

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to tell you briefly about an ebook I downloaded yesterday.

-----------

sureni

Wow, check out this site called http://www.fluc.com
. Free SMS and free mobile ads!! Its fantastic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory