Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: 'To The Teeth' A Social Justice Medical Blog

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

'To The Teeth' A Social Justice Medical Blog

I have just found this excellent blog ‘To the teeth’ at http://totheteeth.blogspot.com

To the Teeth describes itself as a weblog devoted to issues of health justice, medicine public and private, race in America, public health in its broadest sense, globalization, innovations, and honest discussions around strategies in advocacy.

It is firmly based in pragmatic principles of social justice, by people who are putting these ideas into practice: Andru Ziwasimon, is a family medicine doctor in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and a lead member in a powerful coalition to address health care access and disparities locally. He is currently building his own fair and just medical clinic from scratch.

Ziwasimon believes that Western systems of healthcare are corrupt in their values, which are founded on financial rather than human priorities.

The other author is Anjali Taneja, a 4th year medical student in New Jersey, and 2003-2004 Jack Rutledge Fellow for Universal Health Care and Eliminating Health Disparities at the American Medical Student Association. She's also a DJ/producer, and member of the mutiny dj crew of hiphop and drumnbass heads.

Their blog is an exciting mix of news about putting ideals into action, of questioning of the value base of US society, and of poetry and inspirational writing from a people's rather than a corporate perspective.

It is heartening to read about individuals trying to build a different kind of community-based, grassroots healthcare based on principles of social justice rather than the profit motive. This is one blog I will be revisiting regularly.

10 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about nursing jobs health care
. It pretty much covers nursing jobs health care
related stuff.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Gordon said...

Just visited your blog, it's great. I have a jobs seeking website which is informative and you can find info of different job natures, hope that it will be useful in your job seeking

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
Job for Teenage Girl
It covers Job for Teenage Girl related subjects.
Have a great day!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hey Fellow, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about job application forms.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
job application forms
I wish you all the best!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger James Baker said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Friend, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
new mexico job search
It covers new mexico job search related contents.
All the best!

 
At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Cosmetic Dentist said...

There are all kinds of loose dental crown opportunities.Earnestly, Dewey loose dental crown

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous iLikeBlogs23 said...

hmmmm... makes you think a little, nice read there.

Find A Dentist Columbia

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi: I was looking for information on San Diego cosmetic dentist and can upon your site. I'm working on a site about San Diego & Tijuana dentists and looking for any good facts that I might be able to incorporate into my site to really provide an in-depth information source. After reading your Blog, I found it interesting, but, it wasn't what I was looking for. Well I'm off again in search for some good info.

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gday! I
hope you do not mind but I decided to publish your
blog: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9502575&postID=110976197561125706 to my internet directory
website. I used, "Blogger: Thinking Nurse" as your blog
headline. I hope this is alright with you. In the event that you'd like me to change the title or
remove it entirely, email me at franziska.kitchens@aol.com. Thank you so much.

my web-site My Site
My web site > View My Web Page

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory