Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: 3 Months, 50 Posts, 3000 Clicks.

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Monday, March 07, 2005

3 Months, 50 Posts, 3000 Clicks.

I set this blog up, and made my first post on December 8th 2004, with a few articles calling for more social conciousness in nursing theory and putting forward a charter for human caring in nursing.

I have posted general political articles, and articles specifically relating to nursing and people with learning disabilities, such as this one on the Mental Capactiy Bill and the Rights of Disabled People, and this one on the way that people with learning disabilities face discrimination from health services.

3000 clicks is a lot less than many other blogs achieve, but I think it is good for a brand new blog, and for one with such very specific subject matter. There are not that many learning disability nurses out there - we are a very small percentage of the total number of nurses. However, from the feedback I get, I know that this blog is being read much more widely - by learning disability nurses, by nurses from mental health and general backgrounds, by other health professionals and by many people with a general interest in the politics and philosophy of health and disability.

This is a thankyou to everyone who has visited and read articles from this blog, particularly those who have left a comment, positive or negative. It is through your emails and comments that I can improve this blog, and write about things that interest you as much as they interest me!

3 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my health net staffing
site. It pretty much covers health net staffing
related stuff.

 
At 5:38 AM, Anonymous veterinary nursing said...

Hi Thinking Nurse, I have been visiting sites for hours and I really like what you have done with your blog. Informative and interesting! In fact I found your site just after
I visited nurse
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous philosophy of nursing said...

Hi - I’m a newbie trying to find some information
relating to nursing
However, I managed to find your Blog which I think is interesting and had some relevance to what I was looking for. Thanks for your post and do keep up your good work.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory