Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: Carnival of The Godless

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Monday, February 21, 2005

Carnival of The Godless

The fourth 'Carnival of the Godless' is now online, at this site: Philosophy Etc.
I would have posted about the existence of this carnival at it's inception, but only learned of it's existence in the last few days. I immediately posted my article on 'Theistic and Humanistic Nursing' to it's administrator, and am pleased that they accepted it for the carnival.

The idea of a 'carnival' is a great way of encouraging quality blogging. Basically a blog author announces a carnival and calls for articles on a certain topic, bloggers then post in their best work on that topic, the carnival host then makes a post containing links to all the best articles - a great way for bloggers to get together, exchange opinions and ideas.

Perhaps some of the Nurses and other Health Professionals who blog (plus other people with opinions on health - health belongs to everyone after all) could think about starting a 'Carnival of Health'. Anyone who would be enthusiastic about such an idea should post below, as it takes a few enthusiasts, and a few excellent articles to get anything like this off the ground.

8 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Comrade_Smirnoff said...

Geez, you've been busy.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger coturnix said...

You can try, but most nurses and docs already post on Grand Rounds which is already a very well established carnival (with a huge readership). Check it out and either try to make something entirely different if you want people to participate, ...or just sign up for hosting Grand Rounds and submit an entry every week (while rallying nurses to submit as much as the docs do)

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Thinking Nurse said...

Thanks Coturnix - as you can probably tell I am new to blogging, and still finding my way round.

Like most of my good ideas, I quickly learn that someone else had it long before!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hi there, It never ceases to amaze me of the quality of blogs that can be found. Yours is very interesting indeed!

I have a article submission woman website pertaining to article submission woman.

Check us out sometimes. :)

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous uk nursing said...

Hi Thinking Nurse, I read your post which I find interesting and very informative! I was also looking for related info which I found
Some at uk nursing
It's not exactly what I was looking for but it was nonetheless interesting to read.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
Jump into my corporate conference calling blog.

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Marian said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Kim said...

We were looking for an interesting source like yours.

We have a submit marketing article source site full of submit marketing article info.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory