Technorati href="http://www.technorProfile Thinking Nurse: Thinking Nurse - Future Plans For This Site

Thinking Nurse

This blog will reflect my interests in learning disabilities, nursing, nursing theory, philosophy and politics and my general interests in the arts and literature. (Nursing is an art as well as a science!) Philosophy and nursing have been intrinsically linked since the days of Socrates, his mother was a midwife, and taught him everything he knew!

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Thinking Nurse - Future Plans For This Site

Thinking Nurse has had a remarkable impact in the few days it has been in existence, with a high number of 'hits', and the ignition of a few quite fierce discussions.

I think the success is down to the need for a site that promotes critical thinking and alternative views of nursing, it's theories, philosophies and it's politics.

There may be a short break over the Christmas period, when I come back, I intend to continue posting with more provocative and contraversial articles.

I intend to continue posting around the need for a theory of Nursing As Human Solidarity - and developing my ideas on this topic.

On top of this, expect more discussion on radical and influential nurses from history - continuing the series that began with my attempt to make sense of the twisted history of Margaret Sanger.
One nurse that might well be featured will be Molly Murphy, who was born in Leyland in Lancashire, and became directly involved in the politics and action of the Russian Revolution and the Spanish Civil War. Other nurses will also feature - if you have one who you think deserves to be featured, post here and tell me why.

There will be more on the politics of disability, particularly learning disabilities, and I intend to look at, and criticise some of the philosophies such as 'normalisation' or social role valorisation (Wolfensberger, Race etc) and other theories that have influenced nursing practice in this field.

Further to this I am planning a few articles on the issues facing the NHS, foundation hospitals, PFI, 'Agenda For Change' - how we were sold a pup etc etc.

Plus this site is open to feedback and to reader's opinions - if you have anything to add, please feel free to comment, criticise, disagree. In the heat of discussion and debate, the best ideas are forged.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Antonio said...

¡I still wait for this post about Molly Murphy!

Please contact me on my website: "Brigadistas de Gales"

http://www.geocities.com/brigadistasdegales

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.
Technorati search
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter Who Links Here Blogarama - The Blog Directory